• (281) 948-2789 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent graduate of the University of Houston-Downtown, with a major in Finance. Over three years experience working in the logistics field, serving in leadership as an Operations Mentor for FedEx Freight, as well as over three years experience working in varies accounting positions. Critical thinker with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, computer literate in multiple operating systems and software applications, seeking an entry level position.
University of Houston – Downtown (UHD), Houston, Texas
B.B.A Finance – Dec. 2013
Major GPA: 3.0; worked full-time while attending school
Related Courses: Business Finance; Financial Planning; Supply Chain Management; International Finance; Business Strategy; Principles of Management
» Class Project
Operations and Supply Chain Management – UHD
Obtained raw data from FedEx Freight, analyzed the data using three different quantitative modules – Linear Trend, Exponential Smoothing, Three Point Moving Average. Results were successful in cutting cost per trailer sent out into the city; therefore increasing the profit margin.
» Work Experience
SubSea Control Services LTD, Houston, Texas
Operations Accountant, Sept. 2013 – Present
- Daily review of unbilled files in Quickbooks system. Identify potential issues with items not billed and assist team when required in resolving these issues.
- Prepare intercompany invoices from affiliate companies for processing by outsourced A/P & A/R group, resolve disputed items in a timely manner and on a daily basis.
- Generate all invoices, purchase remittances, and transport invoices, as well as processed the associated receipts and payments.
- Research credit card settlement history reports for duplicate transactions and system errors.
FedEx Freight, Houston, Texas
Operations Mentor, Jan. 2011 – Present
- Recognized for efforts to identify new processes to improve quality, reduce costs, and increase margin
- Coordinate and facilitate training presentations to support the successful performance of the operations
- Helped in the implementation of then new PeopleSoft 9.1 and FedEx Learning Center (FLC) that resulted in the Haz-Mat certification of 300+ Drivers
- Prepare profit & loss statements for trailers based on city routes
- Compile trailer capacity data for cost analysis spreadsheets via excel
- Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and set appointments for delivery and pick-ups
- Reconciled cash and checks collected, prepared deposits and prepared COD check remittance to customers, as required
- Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information, and freight pick-up appointments
- Monitored service freight and ensured cut time compliance
- Educate dock associates on proper freight handling, loading and unloading, weight distribution, hazardous safety and security, DOT regulation, and OSHA regulations
Forward Marketing, Houston, Texas
Accountant, Aug. 2010 – Sep. 2011
- Full charge processing of all accounts receivable and payable
- Performed account review and analysis for discrepancies and resolve discrepancies, as needed
- Managed business and professional relationships with vendors
- Ensured stock inventory levels matched operation needs
- Managed vendor accounts, generating weekly on demand checks
- Created budgets and forecasts for the management group
- Managed financial departments with responsibility for Budgets, and Payroll
- Balanced transactions reported to QuickBooks
- Prepared company accounts and tax returns for audits
» Skills & Expertise
Finance/Accounting: Cost analysis, Profit and Loss statements, Invoicing, Billing, Expense Claims, Spreadsheets, Invoicing BOL’s, Data warehouse reporting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
Software: MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Quickbooks, Operational Planning, Freight Claims, PeopleSoft 9.1, FedEx Learning Center, Thin Client Routing
Typing: 55 – 65 WPM; 7700 Keystrokes per Hour
Work Achievements: Offered Operations Manager Position; Offered Field Education Position